Saturday, October 07, 2006

I arrived in Seoul, Republic of Korea on Friday evening, after a delightful flight via executive class Air Canada. Many, many thanks to anyone that was involved in the under-table dealings that made that possible. Airplane food never tasted so great.
I'm staying at another teacher's apartment, who happens to be in Canada visiting home for the next week. Shortly I'll be getting my own place once the teacher I'm filling in for moves out. Accomodations are fairly western, imagine eveything you'd find in a typical apartment, crammed into half the space. Although, I will have a larger bed here than I've ever had back home. I'm not complaining about much at this point.
I start at the school tomorrow, Monday morning. Its located about one block from where I live which is very convienient. Also convienient are the mountains about 2 blocks from where I live. I'll share pictures of my hiking trip as soon as I find a computer with English on it. Makes Nose Hill look pretty lame-o!

So I've still got to get used to the Korean script on the computer and I can't quite manage to get some of my own pictures posted for you to laugh at, so I thought maybe some of you would enjoy this one I found.

3 Comments:

Blogger Les said...

Scotty, best of luck with the wedding planning. I'll be thinking of you when I'm drinking 2 dollar beers in the streets of Seoul, with not a worry on my mind :)

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Les...only one post...how am I supposed to kill time at work this way?

Brent

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where the hell are you? :). It is definitely not Kansas.

crooksie

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home