Sunday, October 22, 2006


After one week in Korea I flew to Osaka Japan where I was to acquire a working visa. This was the first of many, many very pleasant suprises I experienced during my 3 day visit. A rather philosophic camper had once asked me which was worse, a cold toilet seat or an especially warm one. I can now affirmatively answer - the latter. Yes, you can even adjust the temperature of the water jetting up your bottom.
Osaka was far more impressive than I could have imagined. Its people clean their city meticulously. And though it means being on top of your game to avoid all sorts of people speeding down sidewalks on their bikes, less air pollution means blue skies. Very nice! A far cry from Seoul where it is not uncommon to have to dodge the ball of phelgm on the side walk spat by the 64 year old woman walking directly infront of you. The masses of plegm could have something to do with the amount of cigarettes these people smoke. I really don't mean to dissuade anyone from spending time in Korea, or from thinking well of it. It has its particular charm which I'll mention sometime later.
A more typical Asian public toilet. Eat your heart out Mr. Baseball. Just dont face the wrong way, or get your pants dirty. Good luck! I liked my Hotel Riva toilet seat much better, but desperate times call(ed) for desperate measures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home