Monday, December 18, 2006

Winter comes at last!















So it turns out that snow does fall in Seoul, though I had to be reminded not to eat it. I guess the roadway mayhem following the season's first fall goes beyond Canada, buses headed out of the city were shut down - so it was off to Olympic park instead. Good news: after 25 years Les finally learns stopping on skates without smashing into the boards! It actually came naturally since this rink had no chairs for me to skate with and rely on.

The city takes on a novel and entirely new element with 3 inches of snow hanging off its branches. It could almost be the Christmas around here!

"These things I remember, theres things I forget. I miss you - guess that I should. Three thousand five hundred miles away.... But what would you change if you could?"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So great~

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

phil collins says- "looks cold, come back to canada where its warm and there isn't snow!"

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Les,
Steven and I are just hanging around after all the guests have left and some have gone to bed. It's been a busy couple of days but good. We had international students from Japan and India as well as Chinese friends and the two internationals who live with us from Argentina and Kosovo. Stev and Kyle flew into Pittsburgh within 20 minutes and by midnight we were starting Christmas celebrations Latin American style with dinner. It was only 4 a.m. by the time I finally finished with my Santa helper duties. Jillian had tried getting Stev and Kyle up at 5:30 (God was on my side) but they denied her pleadings and dozed until 7:45 before finally succumbing to her wishes...but it was worth it.
Today was a very blessed day:-)
Thinking of you and hoping you're having the adventure of a lifetime!
love Auntie Barb

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home