Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Jeju Island - Hamdeok Beach

Jeju's local black-pig galbi looked, as it turned out, no different than the pink-pig variety I had come to love so much elsewhere. Silly me - Mashisoyo!





Neal presents our airy beach-side accomodations Wednesday night. Cheaper than the Hyatt, with better views anyways! Though on the other hand, the Hyatt probably would have saved us from another 7-11-esque Ramyun noodle breakfast.
I learned an important lesson on Jeju - to consider buying return tickets while visiting on the busiest week of the year for domestic tourism. It is after all, an island. With all ferries and airlines booked solid through the last weekend of my holiday, my only recourse was to cast lots and ride standby Korean Air. I won, and was oddly thankful, in a way, to be able to return to my job in Seoul, by Monday.
Enroute from Gimpo aboard the airport bus, riding back to my end of the Big Haze, a quick call with Nicole had me turn back around, just one stop from my own subway station. Another KTX train ride, and some Busan/Ulsan climbing was still in store for my summer holiday. I could always wash the clothes I had in the shower after all. And so, it was back to the south of South Korea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home