Tuesday, January 16, 2007

For better or for worse...

Last week - a fairly typical portrait of an evening after work. With a language to learn, students' work to mark, books and fruit to ingest, plants to care for - a world outside and within to explore and cultivate-was it truly essential that I purchase 77 new cable channels and a laptop computer to further distract my energy from simply being? Given my new equipment, the transformation has been abrupt. Nests of wire snakes lie jumbled through my room, yet connecting me electronically to the world - whilst books, marking, and my dietary needs remain unfulfilled. Could it be that time really does pass more swiftly while occupied on the computer? While I answer for myself if this new purchase will enable or disable me, expect more blog activity and emails. I'll get used to more Schwarzenegger, jogging pants, and ramyun noodles.

The bridge is out.....the bridge is out! -A.S.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger A said...

I think you'll need to consider getting glasses soon.

We await the new plethera of blogs!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home