Monday, October 27, 2008

Insubong enjoys its status as Korea's most classic peak to scale. A great view of western Seoul was expected from the top, but a shock and awe blitzkrieg of low heavy clouds had gathered from nowhere and consumed the peak by the 5th pitch.
Our route followed fractures along the sparse tree line on the right, tucked under the over-hanging 'nose' and emerged on top in a soup of fog and cool autumn rain.


"Beauty is not less for falling in the breeze"
Does grace colour us all the same? ... Copper and bronze coins high up in the trees fall to pay our weight, our way, through winter.
-From Paulette Dube's 'First Mountain'

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.
My name is Misun and I am a student of MyoungJi University.
First of all I appreciate your consideration for Korea. I would like to introduce Korean more,
it's form of HTML and easy to post it on your site.
So would like to I send you an e-mail about that. My e-mail address is werame@naver.com
I will wait your e-mail.

Thank you very much and have a nice day :)

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that quote from Shogun.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home